[PD] [OSX0.37installer] libs, ffmpeg?, pidip?, /.pdrc

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Oct 20 04:03:51 CEST 2003

On Sunday, Oct 19, 2003, at 18:02 America/New_York, __|||a||kdg wrote:

> .hc, anyone out there who has pidip working in oS X?

I don't think anyone's done it yet, but its probably not too hard for
many of the objects.

> after trying many times to apt-get install through the terminal -with
> no success- no matter i had
> modified fink's config to use unstable pkgs also, i still couldn't see
> many libs that were supposed to be installed:
>
> dpkg -l 'gsl*'
> No packages found matching gsl*.
>
> Pd was quiting when lossing to load them:
>
> dyld: /usr/local/bin/pd can't open library: /sw/lib/libgsl.0.dylib (No
> such file or directory, errno = 2)
> pd_gui: pd process exited
> i quit the terminal and went to fink commander, there i searched for
> the gsl..it was not installed but appear after checking the use
> unstable at fink tab in its preferences:
>
> this was not possible to achive through the terminal where for the
> apt-get install always report:
>
> [KDaG:/Users/nmp] k.o# sudo apt-get install glut glut-shlibs
> gsl-shlibs libpng-shlibs libpng3libpng3-shlibs libquicktime0-shlibs
> libmpeg libmpeg-shlibs ffmpeg
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> E: Couldn't find package gsl-shlibs
>
> A TYPO IN MY LINES FOR SURE, BUT ANYWAY, THROUGH FINK COMMANDER I GOT
> ALL THE PACKAGES EXCEPT FOR FFMPEG..
>
> [few hours downloading and compiling]
>
> X11 and its SDK where also part of the stuff needed, withouth them
> many libs for running pd wont install.
>
> http://www.apple.com/macosx/x11/

This has been discussed a number of times, its in the archives.
Basically, you don't want glut or glut-shlibs since its part of MacOS X
now and yes, you need Apple's X.  The gsl packages are in fink cvs
("sudo fink selfupdate-cvs"), and like X11 are only needed for PDP.

.hc