[PD] beat detection - live sound input

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 22 23:19:23 CEST 2003

Why did you use [fiddle~] instead of [bonk~]?  As I understand it,
[bonk~] was created for percussion, and [fiddle~] for pitched
instruments?  I've used [bonk~] a fair amount to get attack info and it
works quite well.  I haven't used [fiddle~] at all, but I was planning
on it.

http://crca.ucsd.edu/~tapel/software.html

[fiddle~] - object for pitch following and sinusoidal decomposition
[bonk~] - percussion follower

Here's the paper about them:
http://www-crca.ucsd.edu/%7Etapel/icmc98.pdf

.hc