[PD] beat detection - live sound input

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Thu Oct 23 00:44:37 CEST 2003

Hans-Christoph Steiner schrieb:

> Why did you use [fiddle~] instead of [bonk~]?  As I understand it,
> [bonk~] was created for percussion, and [fiddle~] for pitched
> instruments?

Because Marc just said something about 'incoming audio signal'. I'm not
a drummer so I thought it might be something non-percussive... ;-)
In the end you're right and it depends on the input signal which one to
use. It might even be possible to build something around 'env~' and
probably 'delta' to detect abrupt increase in volume....

Olaf