[PD] Video cards

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Oct 23 05:04:31 CEST 2003

After doing a lot of looking you can do full-acceleration for ATI cards, but
you don't get any support for fancy features (pixel/vertex shaders) under
linux. (There is nvidia support for such things, but no software I utilizing
it so far i know of)

You can't do video out on most ATI cards, you can on Nvidia and its fairly
easy. But the nvidia drivers are not free! (as in open-source)

Ben