[PD] Re: PD and Digi 002 on OS X

Mitchell Turner mmturner at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 25 00:22:27 CEST 2003

Stefan,
I have this same problem with the newest DigiCore Audio driver and the
Mbox.  I was able to use Pd and the Mbox with the DigiCoreAudio driver
1.2.  You might try using that Driver version with the 002. I still
have a copy of the DMG file, if you mail me off list I'll send you a
copy.
Mitch

On Friday, October 24, 2003, at 04:49  PM, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:

> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:13:28 +0200
> From: Stefan Tiedje <Stefan-Tiedje at addcom.de>
> To: pd-List <pd-list at iem.at>
> Subject: [PD] PD and Digi 002 on OS X
>
>  Congratulations to the OS X Installer, but I have a problem which is
> probably digidesigns fault (if you are not hooked on ProTools (I am) I
> strongly advise everybody not to invest in dizzydesign)
>
> Of course it would be nice if it is possibly to use the Digi 002 with
> pd, as its sitting here and has obviously better and more converters
> than the G4 built in audio ;-)
>
> But i get the following messages into the terminal when starting:
>
> sh-2.05a$ /usr/local/bin/pd; exit
> DigiCoreAudioDriver> Found 10 entries in 'SupportedApps.txt'.
> Error number -9997 occured opening portaudio stream
> Error message: Invalid device ID.
>
> When adding PD in the Digidesign Core Audio Setup application it tells
> me its selected already (but does not show it in the list)
>
> Beside this problem, I have not found a very basic Documentation or
> Getting Started for PD. Whats listed at pure-data.org seems to be way
> too advanced or specialized. (Even for old Maxers as I am)
>
> Best
>
> Stefan

Mitchell Turner, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Music