[PD] Re: GEM vs Jitter a newbie request for opinions (newbie sez thanks)

JHAVE jhave at vif.com
Sat Oct 25 01:24:47 CEST 2003

Thanks to all for the helpful info. Especially, to Ben for widening my idea
of what resources exist.

> There are a large number of Graphics/Video libs for PD including: GridFlow
> (matrix operations), Framestein (windows only), PDP (something more like
> softVideo), and PiDiP (nice extra stuff on top of PDP), and of course Gem.

So now my task is to try to narrow my search to the appropriate tools for
the task.
Here is what I am planning (its not too complex):

grab video from camera in real-time
periodically save it to a file(s)
chroma key it as it is displayed
concurrently display previously-saved video(s) behind the current real-time
video
apply diverse effects in real-time to the previously-saved video files that
have been loaded in
vary the amount of these effects according to gradiant input from a motion
sensor

Could anyone suggest what combination of these tools might be most
appropriately suited for this set of tasks?

Thanks in advance,

Jhave