[PD] gem renderchain question..

doktorp doktorp at mac.com
Sun Oct 26 15:55:16 CET 2003

Hi,

ill try the pix_separate as cgc noted. I didnt see that listed anywhere
in the docs. *shrug*

oh well.

as far as turning on and off the effects on a renderchain, at least, in
jitter, there is overhead for even passing through an effect that is
off. there is a 'passthrough' command , similar to natos 'thru', but
even that has overhead. =(

so thats what I was trying to avoid.

GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
GEM: ver: 0.87+cvs
GEM: compiled: Aug  6 2003

is this new enough to have that new message system?, and how often does
the OS X image installer get updated (that is what I used)? and how
clean will it do an upgrade? (IE replace/overwrite etc old externals.)

I have noticed that after playing for a while with routing gem chains
here and there (is gem-chain even the right name.. ?), that the video
would get a bit messed up.

Ive also managed to crash PD/Gem quite a bit. who do I send crashlogs
to?

ill try '0,1' to gemwin, and hope it doesnt make it stutter.

thanks for all the help folks. this list is most helpful

-dok