[PD] mandrake linux pd.rpm? -stream es1371

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Mon Oct 27 15:38:56 CET 2003

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 11:12:08AM +0100, juto aviten wrote:
> will you only work for MDK 9.1, because 9.2 is on now and it's really
> stable with a lot of audio features. I think your pd's rpm could be
> suitable in the audio's rpm packages contribs of mandrake 9.2!!!
> Also, my advice to switch to 9.2 is simply do it!! there's multimédia
> kernel...

Hi Julien

Mandrake 9.2 is not ready for me; there's plenty of contrib packages that
are not yet available. Mandrake 9.1 also has a multimedia kernel in the
contrib section. I'll switch to 9.2 in a couple of months. I'm not even
sure how I will distribute the external package, because to enable many
features, some "grey zone" rpms from plf and/or thac must me installed.

It's also a lot of work to try, debug and patch some externals in the
CVS. So don't expect the package until a few time.

In the meanwhile, you should try the packages from Thac's repository:
http://rpm.nyvalls.se/sound9.1.html

You other option is to compile srpms for pd 0.36 from planet ccrma:
http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/soundapps.html

--
Marc