[PD] pd037 compiling errors

Erasmus Zipfel zipfel at on-luebeck.de
Wed Oct 29 20:27:38 CET 2003

hello,

while compiling pd-0.37-0 on the new
Suse-Linux 9 I get the following errors:

cc -DPD -DUNIX  -Wall -W -Wstrict-prototypes -Werror -Wno-unused -Wno
-parentheses -Wno-switch -O6 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -DDL
_OPEN -DPA_USE_OSS -DPA_LITTLE_ENDIAN            -DUSEAPI_OSS
-I../portaudio/pa_common         -I../portaudio/pablio -I../portaudi
o/portmidi-macosx -Werror -DINSTALL_PREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -I. -c -o .
./obj/d_ctl.o d_ctl.c
d_ctl.c: In function `line_tilde_perform':
d_ctl.c:110: Warnung: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break st
rict-aliasing rules
d_ctl.c:110: Warnung: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break st
rict-aliasing rules
d_ctl.c: In function `vline_tilde_float':
d_ctl.c:285: Warnung: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break st
rict-aliasing rules
d_ctl.c:285: Warnung: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break st
rict-aliasing rules
make: *** [d_ctl.o] Fehler 1

the compiler is:
gcc-Version 3.3.1 (SuSE Linux)

On suse-Linux 8.0 I have compiled the same sources
some time ago without any errors. (I think the gcc
was about version 2.95). Any suggestions ? Any help
is highly appreciated. Thanks,

E.Zipfel

Erasmus Zipfel
Wakenitzmauer 1