[PD] pd2external compiler

Claudius Maximus gloriousclaudiusmaximus at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 14:50:01 CET 2003

I've got some ideas for a Pd abstraction to Pd
external compiler, and I've been playing with
implementing some of them in Java.  Some things I
would like to know:

Documentation on the .pd file format, there must be a
parser in the source code somewhere but I haven't
looked hard enough I guess.

Are symbols interned?  ie, can you compare pointers
for equality rather than using strcmp?

Unrelated, but I find this weird:  what is the
difference between the message "noteon 60 64" and the
message "list noteon 60 64"?  They are not identical
because [route] sorts them differently, so I wonder
what the purpose of the list selector is.

Claude

=====
--
http://www.claudiusmaximus.tk
Each unsolicited commercial email received is subject to a US$50 handling fee.