[PD] OSC begginer,havent seen any help

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Thu Oct 30 21:17:06 CET 2003

On a single machine you can use "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" for the
address. The port number can be any number up to 65535 that isn't being
used for something else, which in practice usulally means a number above
1024 (http uses 80, ftp uses 21, etc...). Examples often use 9999. You
could also use netsend and netreceive (see attachments) if you don't
need the OSC namespace stuff. That way you can send anything at all. If
nothing happens, remember you have to send a connect message first to
the send object.

Martin