[PD] Gem instalation troubles w/ XP (newbie)

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Fri Oct 31 08:52:40 CET 2003

hi,
the lib-path has to start with the harddrive-letter followed by the path or
with a relative path (without starting slash). or you put the library files
(dll) to a folder which is searched automatically by Pd... like /externs. so
in your example it looks like the path is son set correctly:
try -lib c:/whatever/pd/gem/Gem.

you can place the Gem folder to any location you like. (i place it in my
pd-folder like you)

the gemlibs are only needed if you want to compile the program from the
sourcecode. For windows to run GEM you only need gem-doc and gem-bin.

if you run the install.bat then all help-patches and reference-files should
be installed, you don´t need any other environment-variables.

Marius.