[PD] Sensors

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri Oct 31 16:49:31 CET 2003

with this in mind, on the higher tech side, i might suggest sonar, which
can be done with several sonar transmitters and one receiver connected
to a 96 KHz sound card, or motion tracking, which can be done with a
cheap USB webcam connected to any computer. Johannes Taelman uses a
LinuXBox [cost +/- 200 EUR] and PDP to do the job. nice solution, espc
for installations. see:
http://allserv.ugent.be/~jtaelman/
for a comprehensive overview of various sensor solutions, including the
ones i just mentioned.

on the lowest tech possibly side, i would point out that simple
triggers, such as buttons, floorplates etc, and also some kind of
variable control [xy, in this case] should be quite riggable by
dissecting an old joystick and using its components, coupled with
whatever joystick object there is in PD [can't recall exact name...].

d.