[PD] ubumenu

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Sun Nov 2 16:50:51 CET 2003

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 04:37:21PM +0100, Thomas Grill wrote:
> Have you ever had a look at the PD internals?

Yes I did, and I submitted a change a few years ago.

> You will easily find that everything is open but nothing
> is documented and as long you haven't spent months on trying
> to understand what's going on, you won't notice much of a
> difference between PD and Max in this respect.

The source code being easy to read is not a key factor for choosing
free software.

> If one is willing to dig into it, one can have great benefits,
> but my experience tells me that it's not what most people using
> real-time-systems are interested about.

There cannot be only users, and some people like you are also programmers,
and some of them are not even interested by users.

> What concerns programming externals, documentation is available for
> both systems. If you compared just the quality of overall documentation
> the choice would be simple enough.

Very simple because it's possible to document PD, and also flext. ;-)

--
Marc