[PD] ubumenu

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Sun Nov 2 23:43:13 CET 2003

hi.
well, to join that discussion,

let me say,

poor is not really a good argument talking about an instrument. the better
music you make, the better instruments you will use. if you are poor in the
beginning (students) you will want to access a stradivary as soon as you can
effort it... (and the Stradivary is actually waiting for good musicians)

so the only reason to use Pd instead of MAX would be, that it offers more
features to create your music and art in any way. who can tell it does?. I
think each single evolution to make it more playable is a step into the
right direction. If it has to many presets, then it would handicap your
creativity, but Pd is miles away from that, MAX I think is also. Making life
easier is not an original sin...

Useability is really an important point! open source or not, in the end a
musician wants to use the software and not to create it. And if someone
spends years on developing software, why shouldnt he/she be paid for that???

I would pay money for my Stradivary... But more I want a Stradivary to be
existing!!!

Marius.