[PD] PD and Midi - some questions

David NG McCallum david2003 at mentalfloss.ca
Mon Nov 3 14:08:12 CET 2003

Multiple ports:
In the command line when you run Pd you can specify more than 4 devices
by using the commands -midiindev 1,2,3,4,5 etc... and -midioutdev. Run
"pd.exe -listdev" to get the device numbers. Also read the manual, it
talks about this.

Ports vs. channels:
Pd's channel system works that the first device has MIDI channels 1-16,
the second device has has channels 17-32, etc. The order of the devices
depends on what order you specify them in the command line (or, I guess,
using the new MIDI device menu).

MIDI time clock:
There are two native timeclock objects. One is [midirealtimein], and I
can't remember the name of the other one. There's no documentation on
them, but search the pd-list's history, this topic's been brought up
several times.

cheers,
David

.