[PD] open/closing patch

Luke Yelavich luke at audioslack.com
Tue Nov 4 00:32:03 CET 2003

At 10:09 AM 4/11/2003, d wrote:
>i think that pd should be able to load a simple soundfile into an array
>without blocking for ages. also i think it should be possible to draw a
>line in a graph/array without making the whole application stutter.

I haven't used this functionality in Pd as of yet, but it could have a lot
to do with system resources as well.

>there are workarounds and one can learn to avoid situations, but ideal
>would be a pd taking care of such things.

In terms of graphical work on screen while audio is being played, Ardour is
a good example, and seems to handle it well.

Luke
--
Luke Yelavich
AudioSlack Founder and head package maintainer
luke at audioslack.com