[PD] open/closing patch

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 4 01:38:10 CET 2003

Switch~ is a friend.
I also use csound~ for a lot of sound generation, and load different orc and
scores with this.
I do use a dual processor machine, so maybe that is why I don't have many
glitches or  problems with loading in the middle of pieces.

Generally there are small pauses between pieces (applause?) in the kind of
venues I play, so loading a new patch is also not a problem in that case.

On the other hand, I am trying to focus my main performance patch to a kind of
limited generality similar to a tradional musical instrument. That is my
background, and I don't change instruments every piece if I play
acoustically.( I only know how to play 1.5 of those anyway)

But overloading a csound instance with a granular score to create digital
noise is nice. Especially towards the end as the computer catches up and the
noise disintergrates into a pure tone.

Gerard

--
electronic & acoustic musics-- http://www.xs4all.nl/~gml