[PD] recording to soundfiles with Pd

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Mon Nov 10 15:57:55 CET 2003

from what i recall about ASIO, it is not a multi-client protocol in the
sense that two clients cannot share one channel. if PD is launched using
two channels, these channels can't be used by Nuendo. sometimes the ASIO
interface of an app is written so that this one application opens ALL
the ASIO channels by default. if this is the case with Nuendo, then you
would not get sound from any other app. you might look into that.

but the routing possibilties of the HDSPmixer are really incredible, so
that would be the best bet [under windoze at least] if you can get the
ASIO stuff sorted out. why not record to a simpler sound editor like
Audacity, rather than something more complex like Nuendo? under Linux,
all this stuff is sorted out quite easily by the Jack application.
 maybe a reason to give it a try?

best,
d.