[PD] newbie question--percussion

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Mon Nov 10 19:07:45 CET 2003

Selon MilesOkazaki at aol.com:

> what is needed in a PD patch to trigger samples from a microphone signal?
> i.e. a percussion instrument that could trigger one sound in a patch if the
>
> signal is within a certain range, another sound if it is a higher
> frequency.
> thanks,
> -M.Okazaki

Yes, [bonk~] is the good solution (located in the "/pd/extra/" folder)

About using the frequency content of a signal as a control : the idea is to
part the signal into some frequency bands, with a series of [bp~] filters or
(better) using FFT techniques.

Each frequency band could be routed to a [bonk~]

I don't know if this (filters --> bonks) works well in practice ...

good luck !