[PD] Particlechamber: a 32-voice asynchronous granular synthesizer

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Nov 13 00:50:43 CET 2003

Hallo,
derek holzer hat gesagt: // derek holzer wrote:

> Particlechamber by Derek Holzer [Umatic.nl]
>
> Particlechamber is a 32-voice asynchronous granular synthesizer for
> real-time transformation of a soundfile. It is loosely based on the
> famous Travelizer instrument from Reaktor 3, however I think it's much
> better because it is FREE!

This is a pretty, no: damn cool patch. You seem to have put lots of
work into it, and for great results! Something totally different that
most other grain patches/externals I've seen. Well, but it's
asynchronous granular synthesis...

> Operation of Particlechamber:
>
> Open the Load subpatch and click the bangs to load samples. It is better
> to do this before you start playing, because loading soundfiles can
> cause audible glitches in PD's performance. Sorry...

Bugreport: I've loaded all soundfiles in advance, and still have
created glitches.

Oh, that's normal... ^_^

Great work, thank's a lot.

ciao