[PD] converting audio-nujmbers in PD

Todd Goodenow toddgoodenow at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 02:25:15 CET 2003

Hi,

I want to be able to do a few tasks:

1. take the frequency of an audio in on my DA card and
convert it to controller data or any numbers that
could controll the frequency of a pd oscillator (freq.
tracking)
2. do the same with amplitude
3. use any other data I could ring out of audio to
control pd functions (perhaps attack rate, waveform,
etc).
4. divide frequency into bands which could seperately
trigger and control samples and their
frequency/amplitude/etc.

basically I would like to use voice as a midi
controller, use audio as an interactive sensor, etc.

Any ideas for realizing these?
thanks, todd