[PD] gui causing audio stutters?

Matthew Nish-Lapidus mattn-l at rogers.com
Thu Nov 13 22:02:07 CET 2003

Hi,

I use PD for audio performance all the time and I run into audio
stutters/dropouts regularly, but not always.  It's a little
unpredictable.  Sometimes they happen because of GUI processes,
sometimes they happen because of audio file reading/hard drive
activity. I'm using readsf~ to play audio files, and when i load a new
file sometimes i get a dropout and sometimes i don't... same thing for

I'm not sure how to resolve this.. running in -rt mode used to help,
but i'm running on os x and -rt mode doesn't exist any more.  I'm not
really sure what to do about these problems, but the more I play live
the less acceptable they are.

/*
Matt Nish-Lapidus

www.ekran.org/mn-l