[PD] Panther and GEM second display conflict

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Fri Nov 14 20:17:32 CET 2003

>hi list,
>	i've just changed from OSX 10.2.8 to 10.3.1. after
>reinstalling the trilogy of tcl/tk, pd and gem, it all works fine
>except when trying to output to my second monitor. On trying to do
>so the whole of my mac freezes for maybe a minute the pd disappears.
>Is this something conflict between panther and GEM or is it
>something i am doing/not doing? I've installed jaguar on a second
>partition and run gem from there, but i'd rather not.
>	Any body got any hints of a work around to use gem in jaguar
>with a functional second display?

Second display fullscreen has worked on 10.3 for me in the past, but
I haven't checked with 10.3.1 yet - it's possible something has
broken in the AGL framework or your drivers.  Can you send me your
hardware info in case I have to file a bug with Apple?

As for running GEM in 10.2, there is no performance advantage that
I've seen to the GL and QT code GEM uses between 10.2 and 10.3 so you
won't really be losing anything staying with 10.2 for now.

cgc