[PD] SGI/IRIX

Nicholas Mariette nmariette at myrealbox.com
Mon Nov 17 02:11:26 CET 2003

Hi,

Here are my results using Olaf's benchmark patch:

Pd 0.37.0, Pentium 4-Mobile 2GHz, winXP, with RME Multiface using ASIO
drivers at 70ms of latency.
Pd.exe priority set to real-time in task manager.  Wish83.exe priority left
at normal.

I got 745 instances of osc~ before I could barely use the GUI.  No audio
dropouts.

At 750 instances the computer froze, but still without any audio drop-outs.

The audio performance improvement using real-time priority for Pd.exe was
quite impressive.  While using Pd at normal priority I was getting
occassional audio dropouts when using the GUI at about 330 instances of
osc~.

Nick