[PD] Pd in white on black

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Nov 18 03:15:14 CET 2003

The Kzrysztof's toxy objects could definitely do this, they can control
any aspect of the GUI which some basic Tcl commands.

They are in CVS, the MacOS X installer, and here:

http://suita.chopin.edu.pl/~czaja/miXed/externs/tow.html
http://suita.chopin.edu.pl/~czaja/miXed/externs/scriptlets.html
http://suita.chopin.edu.pl/~czaja/miXed/externs/toxy.html

They actually are quite amazing, you can contrrol any aspect of Pd's GUI
with them, and do other really cool things.  I've almost finished what i
call 'xp4pd', short for extreme programming for Pd.  It consists of a
client and a server, and multiple people can edit the same patch in
realtime.  That patch will run locally on each machine, only the control
data is going over the network, so it should be quite responsive.

.hc