[PD] Pd in white on black

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Tue Nov 18 13:11:03 CET 2003

Hans-Christoph Steiner schrieb:
> I've almost finished what i
> call 'xp4pd', short for extreme programming for Pd.  It consists of a
> client and a server, and multiple people can edit the same patch in
> realtime.  That patch will run locally on each machine, only the control
> data is going over the network, so it should be quite responsive.

This reminds me of an idea I'm carrying around with me for quite some
time now:
If we could run the Tcl/Tk GUI in a web browser (using the Tcl/Tk
PlugIn) that would make Pd the perfect multi-user tool for the web. One
would just open a web page and see the Pd patch (being executed on a
server) and be able to interact with other users currently online...
Maybe your solution could be extended in that direction since with the
way it currently works in Pd one instance of pd is bound to one (or no
in case of -nogui) instance of pd-gui and closing the GUI stops Pd.
Having the possibility to disconnect / reconnect the gui would be a very
nice feature!

Olaf