[PD] [OT] next Linux kernel and Hammerfall cards

august august at alien.mur.at
Wed Nov 19 19:13:20 CET 2003

Julien,

I have a newish hdsp, but with an old firmware revision. I guess I got
lucky.

but, there are some peculiarities with this card.  I have to boot twice
everytime I switch off the power on the hdsp external device.  on the
first boot, hdsploader says that it loads the firmware, but i can only
hear something when I reboot again.  there is a patch to alsa 9.8 that
should fix this though.

hdspmixer will be your friend after you get it started.

and, with the newist PD, I cold only get it all working with jack.
starting pd with -alsa flag gives no sound.  it did work before though
with -alsadev hdsp and the proper .asoundrc file.

also, alsa 9.2 worked perfectly without the hdsploader and that jazz.

be patient with this card, it will eat some nerves if you aren't lucky.

best -august.