[PD] source for GEM on OSX

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Nov 21 20:12:04 CET 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 cgc at humboldtblvd.com wrote:

> Quoting Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:
>

> > http://gem.iem.at/
> >
> > You probably want to get it from CVS.
> >
> > .hc
> >

> There is no 'probably' at all - http://sourceforge.net/projects/pd-gem is the
> ONLY place to get GEM source code!  Please do not get it from anywhere else, and
> please do not distribute builds from sources that aren't the CVS!
>
> While we're on this subject, what is the source for the GEM you distribute with
> your installer, hc?  Most, if not all, recent problem reports posted on the list
> come from this version.  And nearly every problem as been solved by the user
> getting a recent build from either me or Jamie.  I'm pushing for an 'official'
> release to come out soon, which will hopefully eliminate these issues.
>
> cgc

I just answered that question in reply to "Gem/Pd crashing in edit mode
in osx", but I'll post it here again:

----------
I used the GemG4 version from whenever each package was released.  I'd
like to incorporate Gem into the build system, so that Gem will be fully
included when you type: make darwin_mpkg.  There are two things needed to
do this: a way to compile Gem on MacOSX from the command line and then add
the MacOS X package making stuff to a Makefile.

I don't think I'll have time to do this til February at the earliest, but
anyone is welcome to step in. :)

.hc

	zen
	   \