[PD] Gem/Pd crashing in edit mode in osx

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Nov 21 20:37:39 CET 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, chris clepper wrote:

> >I used the GemG4 version from whenever that package was released.  I'd
> >like to incorporate Gem into the build system, so that Gem will be fully
> >included when you type: make darwin_mpkg.  There are two things needed to
> >do this: a way to compile Gem on MacOSX from the command line and then add
> >the MacOS X package making stuff to a Makefile.
>
> man pbxbuild
>
> I don't think we will be doing makefiles for GEM on OSX at any point
> as there is no compelling reason to do so.

The build system for MacOSX is all Makefiles, so it makes sense to have a
Makefile for GEM too, instead of completely redoing the package building
in a different way.  The Makefile for GEM doesn't have to do anything but
make the .pkg.  This way, its just a matter of copying the packaging
stuff from another Makefile and with a few minor changes, it'll work with GEM.

.hc

> cgc
>

> >I don't think I'll have time to do this for many months, but anyone is
> >welcome to step in. :)
> >
> >.hc

	zen
	   \