[PD] Gem/Pd crashing in edit mode in osx

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Fri Nov 21 23:47:04 CET 2003

At 11:37 AM -0800 11/21/03, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>The build system for MacOSX is all Makefiles, so it makes sense to have a
>Makefile for GEM too, instead of completely redoing the package building
>in a different way.  The Makefile for GEM doesn't have to do anything but
>make the .pkg.  This way, its just a matter of copying the packaging
>stuff from another Makefile and with a few minor changes, it'll work with GEM.

So you don't want to build GEM from source, but rather incorporate it
into the packaging system?  How are you doing this now with the
binary?  I know very little about .pkg building at this point, but
I'm guessing the OSX installer is a meta-package and all the
externals are packages inside it?  Is there any reason why
PackageMaker can't be used to build the installer?

One note about the GEM builds: you will have to figure out a way to
distribute all three builds for each processor type.  The G4 or G5
build cannot be run on G3 CPUs or GEM will crash will illegal
instruction exceptions.

cgc