the damned GUI - was:[PD] Pd in white on black and OSC

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Sat Nov 22 16:21:38 CET 2003

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 02:37:31PM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> I'm also thinking of another approach: The jMax folks are in the
> process of porting the GUI part to wxPython, and they already made
> some interesting progress in this area. How about joining forces with
> them and try to reuse the relevant parts of pyMax as GUI for Pd?

I thought the same. One advantage of a common gui is that some users might
stop complaining about PD's gui and choose PD or pyMax for their intrinsic
qualities, not their look. Of course, the vast majority will still
evaluate the quality of PD with criterias like the number of visible and
colorful icons, the font antialisiang, the dropshadow's transparency, the
very reassuring segmented patch cords, and the almighty splash screen...

What is required to try the CVS version of pymax?
"testPyMaxClient.py" wants a python module named "ircam.fts.client".
--
Marc