the damned GUI - was:[PD] Pd in white on black and OSC

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Nov 23 10:37:40 CET 2003

Hallo,
Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> Check out Joe Sarlo's GrIPD -- it's a sort of interface builder you can
> put in front of Pd.

I know Gripd, and it's a viable alternative in many cases. But then it
doesn't provide much more than the IEMGUIs also provide in Pd, it just
looks a bit better.

I was actually thinking of more "experimental" GUIs, like the things
you are working on with the data structures (that somehow should
become more accessible to get into as widespread use as the
IEMGUIs...).

> On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 11:21:40PM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > But I see an area where looks are important, and that is in building
> > interfaces for (live) performances. Here things have to be intuitive
> > and very easy and fast to use. To achieve this is quite a bit more
> > difficult in Pd than it should be.

ciao