[PD] about pd's gui

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Sun Nov 23 20:06:22 CET 2003

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 11:52:36PM -0500, Michal Seta wrote:

> Segmented patch cords would be welcome (although I have learnt to live
> with the way they are now) and inlet/outlet hints would be a nice aid.

One feature I really miss from Max is hiding objects and cords in
execution mode. Max segmented patch cords are dangerous, because people
use this feature to tie connections together in order to create an
impression of clarity. Usually, more cosmetic features available to
beginners allow them to hide more messy code. I prefer straight
connection lines like in PD because it forces to write and organise
patches that are easier to understand.

> Readability can be achieved with style: abstracting and commenting.

This is true with any programming languages, graphical and textual.
--
Marc