[PD] about pd's gui

David NG McCallum d at mentalfloss.ca
Tue Nov 25 08:42:35 CET 2003

I would almost say that the situation is the other way around. I find
that the lack of segmented patch cords can make small recursive patches
a spaghetti nightmare in Pd.

Whereas I see the ability to hide objects/cords in Max as the sole
reason behind such messy patch design. Max users will create a nightmare
of a patch and then just hide everything. Blech.

I used to think that not having the ability to hide was a huge burden in
Pd, but now I realise that it's just taught me cleaner patch aesthetics.

David
.
. David McCallum
.  Music wants to be free