[PD] problem using comport and basic stamp

rat at telecoma.net rat at telecoma.net
Mon Nov 24 15:36:01 CET 2003

hi,

> I send a variable named mojo (word 16bit) from the basic stamp (com1,
> 9600 baud, parity none, data bits 8 and no flow control) with the
> command:
> SEROUT  16, $4054,[ mojo ]   (I also tried: SEROUT  16, 9600,[ mojo ]

i guess its a basicstamp II as u are using 16 as Serout pin
if it is like this your baudmode is wrong.
for 8 bit no flow and 9600 it should be:

SEROUT 16, 16468, [mojo.HighByte, mojo.LowByte]

u have a 16bit word to transmit you have to send the highbyte and
lowbyte extra i guess. the u have to set them together again in pd.

lg