[PD] WinXP, strange MIDI problems... solved! ... and now it needs to be fixed

David NG McCallum d at mentalfloss.ca
Thu Nov 27 15:50:35 CET 2003

Dear all,

I have periodically posted to the list about problems using .37 and MIDI
in WinXP and never gotten any responses... But I finally figured out
what the problem is.

"-listdev" has been spitting out the wrong MIDIOut device numbers. The
numbers are all 1 higher than they should be. You can sort of see this
in that the MIDIin device numbers start at 1 and the MIDIout device
numbers start at 0, which is wrong.

So if you want MIDIout device "2" you actually have to specify "3". Suxores.

So... I guess this now needs to be fixed, if this problem exists beyond
my computer...

I feel so relieved now...

David
--