[PD] state-saving (again)

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Nov 27 17:01:28 CET 2003

Hello all,

I just wanted a run down on state-saving patches (especially techniques not
requiring external libs...)

I'd like to have state-saving in my Gem abstractions (because there are ohhh
so many controls) Ideally this would mean being able to save different state
sets in one patch and recall them by name. (which probably means
hierarchical storage, ie pool) The data could take the form of OSC names,
symbols and floats.

external suggestions are welcomed as well, since I'd rather get it to work
than entirely cut down the lib dependancies (currently prepend, zexy, osc)

nifty thing is that with the interpolations (special thanks to Thomas), the
state changes will make a smooth transition...

Thanks
Ben