[PD] re: state saving

David NG McCallum d at mentalfloss.ca
Fri Nov 28 11:10:46 CET 2003

Frank,

Actually, I'd also come to the same idea of using Pool to cover my state
saving. The only problem was that Pool saved in a path relative to the
Pd dir and I needed it to save relative to the patch dir, but I think
that's being changed.

I've currently got a really ugly (but it works!) method for saving
abstraction states in files in the path of whatever parent patch is
making use of the abstractions. This way each of your patches can have
unique state settings. I've got a modular mixer strip setup that makes
heavy use of this.

Interesting with what you've done about using one file to hold the
settings for multiple abstractions, though... I'll have to think more
about that... Actually, that's going to be awesome. You could have *all*
possible drum settings all stored in just one settings file... hmmmm...
Good work, Frank. :)

David
.
. David McCallum