[PD] no pdp_xv

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Nov 28 17:29:32 CET 2003

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 10:57:45AM -0500, Yves Degoyon wrote:
> hi,
>
> the guy maintaining debian packages of PDP/PiDIP
> is Pablo Caedes : caedes at sindominio.net
> but here you must check first
> that you start pd with the option for loading pdp
> library ( -lib <path to pdp.pd_linux>/pdp ),
> then check if the loading is ok or produces some errors.
>
> next, it could be your Xserver that doesn't support xvideo extension.

Hi Yves,
The library loads fine - I can put other externals from the library in
and they work. At Pd start up it outputs a message about loading pdp,
so that's all good.
I think my Xserver must support xvideo extension because mplayer and
xine both use it to render.
It almost appears as if pdp_xv.o wasn't compiled into the lib.
Perhaps I'll try and contact Pablo and see what he has to say.
Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Chris.
chris at mccormick.cx