[PD] peak detection

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Nov 28 21:17:44 CET 2003

Hi

does anybody know, how to create a reliable peak detection? I tried to
do something with samphold~ (i made a comparison that when input
signal is higher than samphold~-outlet, samphold~ is taking the new
value and if input signal is lower than samphold~-outlet, samphold~
keeps the old value[the highest ever passed value]).
I compared my patch with a peak detection of another sound program,
but my patch shows 0.2-0.4dB lower values. I think its because it's
always 1 samples too late (I use a blocksize of 1).
Maybe someone knows an peak detection external.