[PD] Announcing "RRADical Pd"

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Nov 29 00:05:57 CET 2003

Hallo,
Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:

> well, what you are trying to create is similar to loopool (although it's
> using subpatches instead of abstractions) ...

Yes, loopool is in many way similar to RRADical, but at the core of
its idea is the use of abstractions, and not subpatches. That's the
prerequisite for the first letter in its acronym: Reusablility.
Subpatches aren't reusable enough to be flexible outside a certain
patch.

I love what loopool does, but is hard to adapt it to other uses in its
current form.

> anyway, there should be any way in combining both approaches, i can
> implement the abstractions you collected, and you could try to convert
> loopool's subpatches to GOP abstractions...

Yes, that's a good idea. I think, that once a coarse concept is done,
most of the work is best spend ripping existing patches apart. ;)

ciao