[PD] patch structure

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Nov 29 20:41:39 CET 2003

Hallo,
Thurstan hat gesagt: // Thurstan wrote:

> So if I understand you well (I guess not) I have to use names like
>
> [pd patch_one_of_six]
>
> which contains
>
> [delwrite~ delay1$0]
> [delwrite~ delay2$0]
>
> and so on
>
> and in subpatch two_of_six I'll have to use
>
> [delwrite~ delay1$1]
> [delwrite~ delay2$1]

You need to put all $-symbols at the start, and $1 is something
totally different from $0. No harm intended, but: You should read the
HTML documentation, please. You won't come very far without reading it
at least once.

> ¿OR can I just name every object $0 and that's it? Looks a bit silly and

Well, you don't need to make a subpatch with [pd ...] to use $0, you
can use it anywhere, and it will be local inside that file i.e. that
abstraction, but it will still reach any subpatches inside that file.

Better read that docs...

ciao