[PD] processing text

cgc at humboldtblvd.com cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Wed Nov 12 18:47:39 CET 2003

Quoting Martin Dupras <martin.dupras at uwe.ac.uk>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to read text from textfiles in pd and display sentences with
> the text object in gem. However, I am having a few problems.
>
> I'm reading sentences with textefile, which works well. I read lines in
> the textfile one by one, which I want to send as lists to the text3d
> object. What comes out of the textfile object is something like:
>
> "list the dog is asleep"
>
> which I need to convert to:
>
> "text the dog is asleep"
>
> How do I do that in pd?

You can try the IEMlib prepend object and do a [prepend text].  There are Linux
source and binaries on the iem site.  Also, there is an OSX binary from Adam
Lindsay (sorry I don't have the link handy), and there may be a Win32 binary
floating out there somewhere...  Now you have to remove the first 'list' part,
which might be possible to do using the select object.

Hope this helps a bit.

cgc