[PD] processing text

Martin Dupras martin.dupras at uwe.ac.uk
Wed Nov 12 18:08:00 CET 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to read text from textfiles in pd and display sentences with the text object in gem. However, I am having a few problems.

I'm reading sentences with textefile, which works well. I read lines in the textfile one by one, which I want to send as lists to the text3d object. What comes out of the textfile object is something like:

"list the dog is asleep"

which I need to convert to:

"text the dog is asleep"

How do I do that in pd?

Two corollary questions:

1) is there an escape character that can be used in the message object, or otherwise a way to store the "space" character in a text object as a list element?

2) is there a way to count the number of elements in a list?

Thanks!

- martin