[PD] re: state saving

Josh Steiner josh at vitriolix.com
Mon Dec 1 01:30:21 CET 2003

Frank Barknecht wrote:

>Hallo,
>David NG McCallum hat gesagt: // David NG McCallum wrote:
>

>>My requirements for state saving are... that the settings files be saved
>>in the path of the parent patch.
>>

>But this is not a requirement of state saving as a concept, or is it
>to you?

i think it is if you want to make state information easily portable
between computers.  if the state text files get saved in the same folder
as the rest of the project you are working on it would be trivial to
just zip that whole folder and email it to a friend... having the state
files stored centrally is a pain.

-josh