[PD] No pd-jack and no libquicktime

Wade McDaniel pdman at aproximation.org
Fri Dec 5 18:55:51 CET 2003

hello all,

So i sent my libquicktime woes to the maintainers of libquicktime yesterday. tthey havent gotten back to me, but when they do I will post the information I gethere here.

My new question is this: When I try to run pd-0.37-1test1 with jack, jack gets all sorts of weird errors, like:
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 312.737 msecs
And then dies. What going on there?
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:494:(snd_pcm_hw_start) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START failed: Broken pip

I get the first error when i use my other audio device, but it doesnt die like hw:1

Heres my commands:
sudo jackd -R -d alsa -d hw:1 -r 48000 //I use sudo because it runs faster than using jackstart to get realtime for some reason
sudo pd -rt -jack -r 48000 -audiobuf 10
The above kills both
when I try
sudo jackd -R -d alsa -d hw:0 -r 48000
sudo pd -rt -jack -r 48000 -audiobuf 10
I get the xrun errors, more of them infact, but pd and jack dont die...

Any help?
Thanks for your time,
-thewade