[PD] mp3cast and icecast 2

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Sun Dec 7 04:20:07 CET 2003

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 03:44:01AM +0100, Yves Degoyon wrote:
> hum, i'm reading this back again,
> and this question seems now weird
> for i think icecast2 _DO_ _NOT_ support
> mp3 streams i think.
>
> well, anyone, correct me if i'm wrong.

I downloaded the cvs version of icecast (http://www.xiph.org/cvs.html)

"grep -ri mp3 *" from the root of the icecast source directory confirm
that there's many references to "mp3".
The "debian/control" file says:

Package: icecast2
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
Recommends: ices2
 Icecast is an audio broadcasting system.  It can stream music in both
 MPEG 1 Layer 3 (MP3) and Ogg Vorbis formats, supports multiple
 streams on a single port through the use of "mountpoints," includes
 web-based status and management interfaces, and has many other
 advanced features.

The documentation for the config file of Icecast2 also mentions mp3:
http://www.icecast.org/files/icecast_docs/icecast2_config_file.html

--
Marc