[PD] portmidi assertion fails

Johannes Taelman j0 at advalvas.be
Thu Dec 11 01:22:16 CET 2003

Hi

I'm currently getting assertion faillures in PD (on winxp, with a
hyperthreading P4 CPU)

Program: pd.exe
File: ..\portmidi\pm_win\pmwinmm.c
Line: 441

Expression: FALSE

It happens once in a while. I'm actually sending a lot of midi data into
pd (from a Novation Remote25 usb-midi keyboard, and a Roland Handsonic
hand percussion controller through my HDSP soundcard).

I can click on ignore (multiple times, the assertion fault appears in
dozens) and go on with pd, but as long as the dialog is there, no midi
is getting through...

Has anyone seen this, or knows a solution? Is it a midi parse error?
Could I just remove this assertion in the code and recompile?

thanks,
  j#|@