[PD] cvs newbie

huolong at arcor.de huolong at arcor.de
Tue Dec 23 10:34:26 CET 2003

hi list,

i managed to compile pd from CVS. was easier than i thought !
(this was the very first time i used CVS)

now my question:

when there are some new features in the CVS version of pd, can i just get the sources again with:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data co pd

and compile it again ?

or do i have to 'deinstall' the old compiled pd first...
(actually i've newer compiled pd twice, i used to update my linux more often :)

i also got Gem compiled from cvs.gem.iem.at. but why are the gem folders in sourceforge CVS empty ?

a little bug in Gem cvs.gem.iem.at ? (i believe in 'make install')
the 'data' directory in examples is not copied !
had to copy it per hand to '/usr/local/lib/pd/gem/examples/'

btw. i have my sources in '/usr/local/src', is this the linux way ?
(why do i ask, i had to chmod this folder before the users could use it)

cheers and merry christmas
-andre